Instagram Christmas photography class giveaway with X-Photographer, Chio Fernandez.
Terms and Conditions Chio Fernandez Photography Class giveaway
- The promoter of the Photography Class Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is Chio Fernandez.
- The Giveaway is open to all UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 and over available to attend the class in London (travel expenses not included in the prize), excluding employees of Fujifilm and Chio Photography, their associated companies, their families, agents and anyone involved in the administration of the Competition.
- The Giveaway closes at midnight on Sunday 24th December 2017.
- Chio Fernandez reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion of the Giveawaywhere it becomes necessary to do so.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and participants in the Giveaway agree to submit to the jurisdiction of courts of England and Wales.
- Entry into the Giveaway will be deemed as acceptance by each participant of, and agreement by each participant to be bound by, these terms and conditions and the Hire a Camera terms and conditions below. Chio Fernandez reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize bundle, to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- All entrants must have internet access in order to enter the Competition. The Competition is otherwise free to enter and no purchase is necessary. We are unable to accept postal entries.
- To be included in the Giveaway, participants must follow @ChioPhotography and @Fujifilm_UK on Instagram and tag a friend in the comments section of the relevant Chio Fernandez status update on Instagram.
- Entries that do not comply in full with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
- Chio Fernandez will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind. Chio Fernandez takes no responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid. Any such entries will not be considered valid for entry into the Competition.
- The prize is a lifestyle and storytelling photography class by Chio Fernandez in London (travel not included) for two people and a two week loan, through Hire A Camera which will be arranged by Chio, of a Fujifilm X Series camera and lens.
- The winner(s) will be contacted by Chio Fernandez to arrange the class and camera loan on a date suitable for both parties. All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. In the event that the winner fails to respond to Chio Fernandez to confirm its acceptance of the prize within fourteen (14) days of being notified by Chio Fernandez or is not able, for whatever reason, to accept the prize, then their prize will be forfeited and Chio Fernandez will be entitled to select another winner of the Giveaway in accordance with the process described above.
- The winner(s) will be chosen at random and announced on the 25th of December.
- There will be 1 winner.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and cannot be substituted with a cash alternative.
- Details of the prize winner’s name will be published across Chio Fernandez’s social media channels.
- In case of loss or theft of the loaned equipment, the winner will be charged the full retail price.
- Hire a camera terms and conditions below.
D. Camera Loan
Hire A Camera loan Terms and Conditions
How it works
Any length of loan period is available up to a maximum of 14 days.
We always aim to deliver by 12pm on the working day before you want to use your equipment. That way, we have plenty of time to resolve any problems such as a mis-sort or failed delivery. On the rare occurrences of this happening, we will arrange for the equipment to be with you by 10am on the morning of the hire (subject to availability). Please note that if you are using the equipment before 10am on the morning of the loan, it is advisable to book a day earlier to prevent any issues. Please do feel free to discuss this with us if you have any queries.
Collection takes place the working day after your loan period has ended..
Early return of equipment
You are more than welcome to return the equipment early. Just contact us and we can arrange collection.
Cancellation of orders
As long as the loan is cancelled before dispatch you will incur no charges. If the equipment has already been dispatched, handling and courier charges may apply.
How we deliver
The equipment will be dispatched from us at around 5pm the day before delivery so to ensure that this deadline is made, all orders must be packed by this time. A dispatch email will be sent to you once the equipment has left us.
All deliveries will be attempted before midday on the day of delivery. As we use a national courier, there is always the very slight chance of a mis-sort where part or all of the consignment is sent to the incorrect depot. In these instances, we will organise either for that equipment to be re-delivered or we will send out additional equipment – in both cases, this will arrive either later that afternoon or before 10am on the morning of the hire.
Please do contact us if your equipment has not arrived on time – the longer we have to resolve the situation, the better we can serve you!
How we collect
Details of your collection will be included in your dispatch documents. Please do note that this is an all day collection so we cannot specify pickup times.
If you are not able to stay in, you have two options – let us know an alternative address to have it picked up from or you are also more than welcome to take it to your nearest APC depot. Please note, if you do decide to do this, please can you let us know as we will need to provide you with a consignment number to present to APC upon arrival and book it with the depot before hand.
How everything is packed
Usually, all of our equipment will be delivered in a flight case (Pelicase or Storm Case). . We are realistic in understanding that things can get bashed around by the couriers, so we try to make sure that everything arrives with you in the best order possible. We are also aware that sometimes equipment can get damaged, despite our best efforts, so please do check everything as soon as it arrives. You must let us know by 4pm at the very latest on the day of delivery if there is a problem. If you do not inform us before 4pm, we cannot be held responsible and assume that any defects have happened under your care.
Delivery outside the UK
Sadly we can only deliver to the UK.
Checking equipment upon arrival
We will check everything thoroughly upon dispatch. However, should the worst happen and something gets broken in transit, we do need to know about it as soon as possible to ensure we get the problem sorted for you. So please do check everything is not only present and correct but also working once the equipment arrives with you and notify us before 4pm on the day of delivery should you have any concerns.
What to do in the event of damage
Please phone us IMMEDIATELY!
If the equipment arrives in a damaged state from the courier and we have established that nothing can be done to rectify the situation with that existing equipment, we will normally arrange for collection of the goods (please note, if we are not informed by 4pm on the day of delivery, we will have to assume that the goods arrived in perfect working order). Dependant on stock, we will always attempt to redeliver replacement equipment of the same or similar specification.
If the equipment gets damaged during the course of your loan, dependant on the extent of the damage, we will either arrange for the immediate return of the equipment or mutually agree that you use it until the end of the loan period as arranged.
On return of the equipment, our dispatch department will inspect it and a preliminary quotation for repair will be found out. If a deposit was taken and authorised on a debit/credit card, this amount will be held. If the repair amount exceeds that of the deposit, the outstanding balance will be charged to your debit/credit card. Dependent on the severity of the damage or supply of replacement parts and thus the length of repair, a penalty charge may well be incurred due to a loss of hire of the equipment to other customers.
Wear and Tear
We understand that the equipment may overtime pick up the odd minor scratch or mark, however, any marks to lens glass and obvious neglect of use will be treated as damage and charged.